The purpose of a Community Garden
A community garden is when a tract of land is set apart within a community for gardeners. NCI, Inc. along with its community decided they want a community garden. The community garden provides fresh organic produce to the community residents. Residents take advantage of the convenient location and have the opportunity to acquire fresh organic produce at a lesser discounted price than supermarkets and other produce markets.
What are the advantages and purpose of a community garden?
• Community gardens gives gardening space to those who live in apartments, have yards that are not garden friendly or live in cities.
• These gardens create friendships and build community spirit. Garden tips and advice can be shared by gardeners that will benefit in the raising of crops.
• Gardeners often share their crops that they have more produce than they can use.
• With the high cost of gasoline communities can help out by raising their own crops without the use of large machinery.
• Gardening is environmentally friendly and with people raising more crops and plants it helps balance out the negative effects of population and pollution.
• Most community gardens encourage organic growing methods. This is better for the environment and the food that is produced is healthier for humans and animals.
Basic Essential List
On behalf of Northside Community Involvement Inc. (NCI) and its Board of Directors, we would like to say Thank You for all of your continued support. Northside Community Involvement Inc. is a 501(c)3 nonprofit established to provide convenient quality wrap-around services to the Northside community.
NCI's primary goal is to help improve the Northside community by helping individuals, children and families live better lives. We believe if we can help people with their physical, social and emotional needs we have a better opportunity to help them with their overall family needs. Therefore, we implore the assistance of each of you.
Please support Northside Community Involvement, Inc. (NCI) by making a financial donation today. You can donate throughUnited Way (our code is 00346), or you can volunteer. We have a GREAT work and an AWESOME task ahead of us and we cannot do it WITHOUT YOU! Call us today.
Thank you for your support,
Patricia Brown, Interim Executive Director
Northside Community Involvement, Inc. has helped so many children, families and individuals who are considered "at risk" and/or living 80% below the income level, this means often times a parent can barely afford the basic essentials; such as shoes, clothes, toothbrush, toothpaste, tissue and deodorant as well as most female hygiene products.
Merchants such as Dollar General have answered our call to help with some of these donated items when it‘s available, but that’s not enough.
Annually Northside Community Involvement, Inc. has served over 3415 families and children. You can help by donating some of these basic essential items to a family today. You can do this by clicking here, print off the form select your item(s) and deliver your gift for a family along with your form to our NCI office or call us to pick-up.
Thank you so much in advance for your kindness and generosity.