Northside Community Involvement is a non-profit organization founded to give children and families a vision and a chance to improve their lives by becoming a vital part of their community.
Northside Community Involvement, Inc., (NCI) is an outgrowth of the Northside Church of Christ. The church itself has always been community-minded; which provided a safe-haven that catered to the spiritual needs of individuals, children and families. Northside Church of Christ quickly noticed the growing demand of not only social and spiritual development, but also academic. This demand resulted in the birth of Northside Community Involvement, Inc. (NCI). On December 18, 1995, Northside Community Involvement was incorporated and became what we now know as Northside Community Involvement, Inc. On November 12, 1997, Northside Community Involvement, Inc. received its 501 C-3 status. Northside Community Involvement, Inc. (NCI) is designed to provide the necessary tools to help individuals, children and families become vital citizens in the community. Northside Community Involvement, Inc.(NCI) has joined forces with several nonprofit, state and community-based organizations to accurately meet the needs of our community’s growing demands.
To date, Northside Community Involvement, Inc.(NCI) has successfully serves over 2000 families annually.
Northside Community Involvement, Inc. is a nonprofit organization founded to give children and families a vision and a chance to improve their lives by becoming a vital part of their community. Northside Community Involvement Inc. is dedicated to improving the lives of children, families and individuals who are considered living 80% below the poverty level. We service “At or High Risk" and emotionally damaged persons who are unable to make proactive decisions, free of destructive and sabotaging behaviors. Northside Community Involvement Inc. is a nonprofit organization, chartered by the state of Florida, designed to give individuals, children and families from all walks of life, a chance to help improve their lives, and become self sufficient and economically stable citizens. We do this by providing innovative wrap-around services through our 3 age and client specific programs:
1. Child Development Center (CDC) (6wks –12 yrs)
2. Working to Improve Neighborhoods (WIN) (boys ages 8-18)
3. Sister to Sister Mentoring Program (S2S) (girls ages 8-18)
4. Families & Children Intervention (FCI) Program (entire families)
The primary pillars of NCI, Inc., are educational services, human & social services and community related services. NCI’s sole focus is to help create a community that produces and nourishes successful individuals from all walks of life.
Our Core Values
1. Community First - The families and youth of the North West Jacksonville urban community is the only reason why we exist as an organization. We believe that all parents love their children and want the absolute best for them.
2. Quality - If we cannot do it with the highest quality and offer the best service, then we will not do it at all.
3. Integrity - Our commitment for honesty and transparency is demonstrated in every action.
4. Faith Led - Because of our faith in God, we believe and trust His sovereign power to control all situations. Even those situations that may appear to be hopeless in the sight of man.
5. Cultural Competence and Inclusion - We will promote understanding and respect of everyone in the community.